Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

His Will


Christmas for Elder Loveless
(Below: a letter and a tree from his niece, and a crown from his nephew)

Well to start off with probably the scariest night of the mission. The four of us sleep in the same room with bunk beds. Elder Goodfellow and I have the tops and our comps on the bottom. Well I woke up all of the sudden at like 3:50 in the morning to see that both of our comps were gone. So I woke up Elder Good fellow saying, “Where are our companions....??????" He launched out of bed. We went through the house frantically finding them nowhere to be found. Keys gone, with the other phone. Man we about freaked. We then saw a note saying that a bug entered into Elder Espinoza’s ear and they called president and went to the hospital to get it taken out. But man what a heart attack

At the temple with Elder McKay

But this last week was great! Christmas was amazing and so full of the spirit. We were so blessed to spend it with a great family! 

The Elders with Irmã Margarida who gave them a pillow
We also are teaching a grandson of a member here! He is 11, and his name is André! He is so amazing! As we taught him the restoration the spirit was so strong and he loved it. It was as if he was able to understand and comprehend it all! I love this work and the blessings of sharing our testimonies to others! 

So Christmas is nuts here! We have guys that played music and huge sub woofers for more than 50 hours. For almost 3 days nonstop. No one has slept! It’s so crazy here. And New Year’s is getting worse! haha 

Elder Espinoza gave Elder Loveless Winnie the Pooh Shampoo
Well we were so blessed to be able to have the privilege to go serve in the temple on Friday! It was so amazing! I learned so much! Each time it truly is a spiritual feast! something that I’ve been so blessed to come and learn was something I found in 3 Nephi 1: 14 Behold, I come unto my own, to fulfil all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the will, both of the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given.

It brought more light and understanding to me of the atonement. We know of the famous scripture where the savior says, “not my will but thine be done." I love how in the Book of Mormon it states that it wasn’t just the Fathers will, but His own will as well. He wanted to be our savior so that he could glorify our father. He aligned His will with the Fathers since the beginning. Because all He did was the will of the Father thus it was His will as well. We wants us to come unto Him. He knew that the suffering would be more than any could bare. But he was give the power and was blessed with the honor of our Father and accomplished it. Sometimes we may not understand His will for us. Why we must continually suffer or why we may not be able to see if what we are doing is right. But I know that as we not only try to align our will with his, but seek daily to fulfill His will we will be blessed and come closer to Him. I know that He lives and loves us!  I know that the atonement was HIS will and He is pleading for us to repent and come unto Him! 

I love being a missionary and testifying to others of the truthfulness of this work! 

Love you all! 

Happy New Year’s! 

Elder Loveless


Elder Loveless and Elder McKay with matching shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment