Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Wow...time flies by. The last Christmas on the mission and then I start my last transfer. Time flies by and sometimes its hard to watch it do so. 

But hey so excited to see that the wedding went well. Reese and Rachel you both looked so happy and so excited. How amazing to know that you both have entered into the fullness of God's power. Love you both! 

This week we had almost all of our investigators travelling. Was pretty hard, and I was sick until Friday...

This week as I was taking the sacrament I had a very special experience. I was reminded of a quote that I had once heard, "rise and rise again til the lamb lays down with the lion." It brought so much peace to my heart knowing that we fall. We fall spiritually and we die spiritually weekly because of sin and mistakes we make. But the sacrament allows us to, "rise and rise again." Each day we are in a battle spiritually, fighting our own wars. But that little piece of bread and cup of water allows us to feel of that peace. Its through the sacrament that we may, "rise and rise again." its our privilege to establish peace. Peace will fully come when our Savior comes. But a way has been provided for each of us to overcome this battle. 

Jacob states in 2 Nephi 9:3 Behold, my beloved brethren, I speak unto you these things that ye may rejoice, and lift up your heads forever, because of the blessings which the Lord God shall bestow upon your children.

I love how he states, (talking about the atonement of our Savior) "I speak unto you these things that ye may rejoice, and lift up your heads forever." The atonement of our savior allows us to, "rise and rise again," triumphantly weekly as we partake of the sacrament. 

Later he states,  

6 For as death hath passed upon all men, to fulfill the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of resurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the fall; and the fall came by reason of transgression; and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord.

 7 Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.

 8 O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace!

I love in verse 7 how he says, "wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration." The atonement and weekly taking the sacrament blesses us and allows us to use our agent of the atonement and to access our advocate with the Father! Im so grateful for the greatest Gift of our Heavenly Father. Im so grateful to know that I have a Savior, a Redeemer, and an Advocate with my Father in Heaven, that weekly the judgments are taken off of us and put upon our dear Brother. I know the atonement is real, and exists. We may feel it and hold on to it if we chose. I pray that we may all remember these precious gifts in our lives and to always remember our dear Savior Jesus Christ.

Love you all so much! I pray you all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year! 

Elder Loveless


My good friend Jaelson! He has been a source of strength to me. He hand delivered a Christmas package from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment