Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Whew .... Last Transfer!

So we got the call last night...it was really weird getting the last transfer call of your mission...but I have been transferred! I will be getting my last companion and area tomorrow! Wow the mission passes by so fast...

This last week was crazy! Not a ton happened! New Year’s here is like our 4th of July, and every other holiday put together in one night...man they went nuts. We had nothing to do so we got some bricks on our deck, a grill and we had a bbq. It was supper cool. (I had a ton of pictures but I got a virus on my card and it deleted everything...) But the bbq was great! And then the next day I got a 3 day flu with a super bad fever! (Yes I’m ok mom and doing great now. :) 

I’m so grateful for all that has happened and all that I have learned while here in Vida Nova! It has been a great 3 transfers and I’m sad to leave but ready for what the lord has in store! 

I was reading in 2 Nephi 2 this week and I was touched by a few scriptures... 2 Nevertheless, Jacob, my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.

 3 Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy brother, Nephi; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men.

 4 And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore, thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh; 

 11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so..., righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

When I read that I was so touched knowing that our afflictions are consecrated. Just as Paul as taught that we glory in our tribulations. I’m so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to suffer, be tried, persecuted and to feel alone. It has been a privilege, so that I would be able to come unto Him and find peace and joy in His atonement. I’m so grateful for trials and temptations for they help us to become witnesses of His merits, mercy and grace. I know that He lives and loves us enough to let us suffer. No person in their right mind would let someone purposely suffer, unless they could see who we can become through our sufferings! I know that we become special witnesses of him not through our success alone, but how we successfully overcome the adversary and our testimonies become strengthened in Him. I know He lives, and it is a privilege to suffer to come to know Him! 

Love you all and I pray and hope you have a wonderful year! 

Elder Loveless


No comments:

Post a Comment