Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What a blessed week!

Elder Loveless & Elder Eller at Soliange's baptism

Elder Loveless & Elder Eller
Well Soliange was baptized this Sunday! It was such an amazing experience! We were so blessed to see her come into activity (when she had thought her papers were lost) and then we ended up baptizing her so that she could have her name on the records of the church. We had a week full of lessons on the atonement, repentance and forgiveness. It was so amazing and so special to see her come unto Christ. 

Elder Loveless' last time with Elder Rodrigues
We were with one of the coolest members yesterday, Marinho, and he had previously served as a stake president in Brasilia. Well when we were talking (btw he is the most kind, spiritual man I've met) and I asked him what one thing was he will always take with him from what he learned as being a stake president. He said, "We have come here to serve others, not expecting others to serve us." It was so powerful and simple and true. But we have come here to serve our God and what a privilege it is! 

I read today during studies, in Alma 36: 17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.

18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.

Matching Ties
It caught my attention that in Alma’s deepest and darkest hour, he was brought to the remembrance of what his father had said about the atonement and our savior Jesus Christ. The phrase that grabbed my attention was what he said after: "my mind caught hold upon this thought." It was so amazing to see that his only hope of escape from sin and transgression was his last grasp upon one righteous thought! I know that we too, when we turn our hearts towards the atonement, are blessed. Maybe we can only hang on by a thread, but it’s enough to keep us in his love.

Love you all so much! 
Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment