Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Opening our mouths!


Elder Loveless and the other Elders leaving Cosmópolis

 Man it is so hard to leave here in Cosmópolis. All four of us will be transferred out. It was so hard to hear the news. The four of us got here together and helped build up the ward and they got so excited with all the programs that we were implementing...but we have to do the Lord’s will. 

This last week was great. Started out finding 2 families and committing them all to be baptized this month. Found 14 new investigators and marked 10 with dates. The Lord blessed us so much this last week. But the greatest blessing of all started out by opening our mouths...

We were walking down the road I believe on Wednesday, and we had about a 20-30 minute walk to our next appointment. I saw this lady with her head down and she was walking on the other side of the road, as I turned to Elder Lee we both felt we had to talk with her. Well as we talked with her we began to tell her of the blessings of the Restoration of the gospel and how it provides a way for each of us in our lives, through struggles and happy times. Well she gave us her address and marked an appointment with us. Well it turns out that as we asked what she expected from our visits when we went to her house the first time, she told us, "I know that you two are from God and that you have a message for me. As you two stopped me to talk to me I was planning on how I would end my life. I was unable to find a job for my kids, buy food and survive. I had already bought the poison to kill myself and then you two talked to me about how a way has been provided for each of us to be happy and to come unto Christ." 

I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me to be a servant in His hands. I understand how important it is that we share our testimony to others and help those that have hands that hang down in sorrow and knees in despair. I’m so grateful for the miracle that happened this last week that all started by opening our mouths. I know that our Father loves each of His children and cares for them. I know that He guides each and every one of us to someone that is in need, and that we must be willing to open our mouths and share what we know to be true and that has given us hope! I love this gospel! I love my Savior! So grateful to be a missionary in this sacred work! 

Love you all!
Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment