Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Love the gospel!

Elder Loveless' General Conference countdown chain
I just love the gospel so much! I love teaching the gospel and watching the behavior of others change. Not for us, not for them but for the Lord. 

We found this old couple, He is 74 and she is about 60-65. I have no idea. Well we were teaching them the restoration of the gospel and invited them to be baptized. They said yes. Well, the classic but most important missionary reply is to invite them to pray about it for themselves and receive a testimony. Well we go back the next day and follow up with her (Eva) and she tells us she received an answer, "I asked and was told not to get baptized" ... (Anyone that has served a mission has heard that answer.) Before we could say anything, it caught me off guard. She began to say, "I feel he is telling me we need to be married before I can be baptized. I want to do this the Lord's way. Can I be baptized after I get married?" Yeeeeeaaa! It was the best revelation she could've recieved! So amazing! I know the Lord responds to a prayer that it is done with real intent to follow Him.

Elder Loveless' desk
We also had a miracle yesterday. When I got to the area here and helped re-open it, we only had about 60 people going to church. Well for us to have a chapel we need to have 100 or more actively going. Well we are working really close with the members, and we were blessed to see over 80 at church yesterday! In one month the Lord has worked great miracles! I love how good the Lord is to those who pray with faith and work towards a worthy goal!

D&C 46:28 And it shall come to pass that he that asketh in Spirit shall receive in Spirit;

30 He that asketh in the Spirit asketh according to the will of God; wherefore it is done even as he asketh.

Love you all so much,
Elder Loveless

A crazy storm

No comments:

Post a Comment