Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

LOVE PRAYER!!!

Elder Loveless at the Campinas Brazil Temple
Wow this last week was the best! 

So we were blessed to go to the temple today. It has been the first time I’ve gone since the MTC. It was such a beautiful experience! I felt so behind and that I had forgotten so many of the covenants that I made in the temple. I finally see why the brethren say that we need to attend the temple frequently. It was the first time on the mission that I was able to feel at a perfect peace and knowing that Gods kingdom is on the earth! I love this gospel and the blessings of the temple! 

Elder Loveless at the Campinas Brazil T
So some cool blessings and miracles this week,

1. Diego is progressing really well! We are finishing up teaching the laws and ordinances with him and then he will be baptized on the 18th of this month. It was so amazing to see how the lord blessed us to find him. He loves the gospel and is embracing it. It’s hard as a missionary and as a member always striving to bring people to the gospel when they don’t want it. But seeing Diego I testify that God is preparing people to embrace the gospel. We need to always invite as Elder Bednar has said, to, “come and see."

2. So yesterday I was thinking during my studies. I would love to be able to help a family come into the gospel. I have worked with a ton of families on the mission but I decided to say a silent prayer to ask for a family. Well we get a call and we received a reference of a lady that just moved here to Vida Nova. Well we went there last night to contact her, and she then told us how she came in contact with the gospel. 

“I have been seeing you missionaries, especially the sisters where I used to live and work. Well I have been asking God for 6 months that they would stop to talk to me about the gospel. Well they always passed by but never stopped. On my last day in the area, I asked God again. ´God will you have them talk to me before I leave?´ Well they ended up stopping by in that moment. They then told me how there were missionaries where I live. I thanked God that he gave me an opportunity to learn about His Church."  She has boys that are 19, 17, 14, 12, and a girl that’s 10! The whole family wants to learn about the gospel and they have asked if they can be a part of this church! We walked in and taught them, prayed with them, and as we were leaving there was a light that was with that dear family. I know that god hears and answers our prayers. Not only was her prayer and my prayer answered but the prayers of those who are seeking to share the gospel. I am so grateful that the lord loves me enough and trusts me enough to teach His children about His eternal plan of Happiness! 

Love this gospel!!! I know it is true! We all have prayers to be said and answered! 

Love you all,


Elder Loveless



No comments:

Post a Comment