Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's hot!

Elder Loveless and his new companion Elder Francisco.
So it is getting suppper hot here! there are about 139 neighborhoods here in São Paulo that don't have water. Some areas in Campinas haven't had water for over a week. Our water was shut off for a day. We have less than 4% of the water level here in São Paulo. they frequently will shut off the water to be more economical. So we need rain for at least a week or two straight without stopping. And it needs to be a storm to help out the water here. Don't worry mom we are fine. We have a huge water tank of 500 liters and we are filling up water bottles at the chapel! :) Super crazy never thought this would happen on the mission. Haha!

Well on that note, this last week was just hard in everything. We had to reschedule an investigators baptism for the future. He is still over coming some addictions and could use some prayers. We love him and we are doing everything to help him receive the gospel. I love helping others that are in need of help! 

Elder Rodrigues, Elder Loveless, and Elder Eller
So I had an interesting experience yesterday. I was sitting there during sacrament meeting and thinking to myself...I forgot what it was like to have a normal Sunday. We had late to the meeting because we were bringing others to church. During the meetings running around trying to make sure everyone was where they needed to be and also calling less actives to see if they were going.

To come or if we could go and get them. As I was thinking about all of that after thinking to myself what Sundays used to be back at home, I felt the spirit so strongly whispering to me...this is how Sundays should be. I really needed that and needed that moment to repent for the desire to just go to church and go back home and eat and rest. But then I was reminded of the good shepherd. 

In Matthew 18:12 How think ye? If a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

I know that the good shepherd wouldn't ever just think of the salvation of others during that three hours of church but during the entire day. I'm so grateful for the spirit and what it teaches us to do. I'm so grateful that I know now what a normal Sunday should be! 

Love you all so much!

p.s. We could use some prayers here for rain...it's hot...and we don't have water.

Love,

Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment