Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Glad tidings!

Elder Loveless and Elder Rodrigues, Elder Loveless' old trainee
1 Nephi 13:37 And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.

I read this scripture this last week, and it brought so much peace to me. We went to a lunch at a member’s house and they began to tell us a ton of all the problems in the world, and the sickness in Africa and everything. (Not super excited to hear the news when I get home!) But I started thinking more about this scripture and what it means. I love the part that says, "Whoso shall publish peace..." It made me stop to think. That is our purpose of being disciples of Christ. To establish peace where Satan is striving to establish fear and corruption. We may not be successful in all of our endeavors bringing others to this gospel, but at least we can share a message of peace, of life and salvation. I love sharing this gospel and I was so blessed to see the blessing of sharing it this last week.
Elder Loveless, Elder Goodfellow, and some amazing members
First off Diego should be baptized this Saturday! We are finishing up some things with him and we are praying that a miracle will be wrought so that he may be baptized. 

Also Rosemary (the mom of the family we found) is progressing very well. We are focusing on her and her kids. Her husband and one son unfortunately had a very bad experience with another church and don’t trust in churches right now. But we met with her and she told us, “I know that this is the true church. I need this baptism so that I can be born again. I need Jesus Christ more in my life and I know I will find it through this great book (The Book of Mormon). I just want to feel more of his love." Man I love her and this family! I saw that scripture from Nephi come into play. When life is hard or we are suffering we need to share that peace and glad tidings of the gospel if we are to find peace in our own lives! 

I know that this is the true gospel and that Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives. I love him. 

Love you all! 

Elder Loveless

p.s. I hope the new "Meet the Mormons" is sweet. Can’t wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment