Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

This was a crazy week!


Eating a churrasco!!!
Man this week just flew by! Had some crazy exchanges with the elders! Love exchanges! We are blessed with many new people to teach, less actives returning to church, praying for the first time in years, reading the scriptures for the first time! Love less active work! Such a great blessing!
I was on exchange with an elder here in Cosmopolis, and we finished teaching the restoration. Well as I invited them to be baptized, I used the scripture in Matt 20:22-23 I believe, where the savior asks if they are willing to drink from the same cup that he drank, and be baptized with the same baptism. I then asked, "will you follow our savior and do as he has asked to be baptized by someone who has the priesthood authority of God?" they immediately said no that they would not, that they feel God truly loves them and accepts them that they have no need to take this step. When they said that my comp and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes. It was so sad and heartbreaking to see and hear that. WE left just striving to trust in the lord and his justice. That has been the hardest thing on the mission seeing people openly reject the savior. I then found my answer with the words of Nephi explaining that if we truly believe in Christ, we will believe in his words.
2 Nephi 33: 10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
 11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
14 And you that will not partake of the goodness of God, and respect the words of the Jews, and also my words, and the words which shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Lamb of God, behold, I bid you an everlasting farewell, for these words shall condemn you at the last day.
I’m so grateful that the book of Mormon is our key and the way to truly find our savior and learn and feel of his grace! Love this gospel so much and the blessings of serving the lord and being able to be rejected for his names sake!
Love you all!
Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment