Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Awesome Week!

Wow! We have been seeing so many miracles each day!
I had a very special experience with prayer! It may seem small but it blessed me so much to keep going! I got a really bad migraine and I had just gotten over one. Well it was so bad that I wasn't able to see straight and it was hard to talk to people because I could barely see them! Well we had 3 appointments that we couldn't miss. Well I asked my comp to stop so I could sit down and say a prayer!
When I was praying I was reminded of a scripture in Nephi 7: 
 16 And it came to pass that when I, Nephi, had spoken these words unto my brethren, they were angry with me. And it came to pass that they did lay their hands upon me, for behold, they were exceedingly wroth, and they   did bind me with cords, for they sought to take away my life, that they might leave me in the wilderness to be   devoured by wild beasts.
 17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt   thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with  which I am bound.
I felt so much will to just have the migraine taken away, but I felt prompted to just ask for strength to go on. I made a promise to our Father in Heaven if He would bless me with the strength to go on I would keep going. It was such a blessing. The pain didn't go away, but I was able to go throughout the day doing the work.
I've learned a lot from prayer that sometimes we are meant to have our trials, we are meant to have pain, or when we have loved ones who have gone astray and we don't know what to do. But when we follow the example of Nephi and pray that the Lord wont just take away those things but ask in faith of ´what can i do?` I'm so grateful for the power of prayer and the blessings that come from it! 

Love you all so much! Congrats Chica with the baby girl that's coming! 

Love Elder Loveless

       
                                                         Baptism of Marlene and Lana
     


No comments:

Post a Comment