Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Finalmente

So my comp finally got better at the end of last week...so I got to be blessed with staying in the house again. I was blessed to finish the Book of Mormon for the first time in Português! It was such a special moment. I was striving to finish it as if I was reading it like an investigator. When I read the last 3 verses I felt such a strong urge to come unto christ more. I had realized the whole time I had been reading it, it had been inviting me to come unto Christ! It was really an amazing moment, I especially loved Moroni 9:25: My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever....I love how he had just finished explaining all the hardship, and told him be faithful, don't be weighed down by the things of the world, but let the Savior and His sacrafice lift you up and bring you joy! I felt so much peace and love that things are bad in the world, but we have the atonement and its here to lift us up!

We had a cool experience this last week! E. Christofferson said in a quote, "The work between less actives and those who arent members is the same. They both have wandered from the path and they need the blessing of the gospel." Our moto in the mission is 100% rescue!

Well we are teaching this less active couple who there kids arent members. Two weeks ago when I and another elder were testifying of the Book of Mormon that they needed to read it and pray about it to feel that love they felt before. Well their 12 year old son was there...little did we know he was listening. We went back monday to find out that he had taken his mom's B.o.M and has been reading it and praying about it. She caught him reading it and asked him what he was doing. He said, "mom if you wont read it, I will, and I will pray about it." The faith and example of that 12 year old who isn't a member has now changed his less active parents and they both are starting to read the Book of Mormon! I love that book! I'm so grateful for the work with those who have fallen from the path. We all fall sometimes and we get to help pick each other up!

Love you all so much!

Happy anniversary mom and dad...and happy b day chica!

Love you all!

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment