Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Crazy Cool Week!

Wow...so much has happened this last week! We are so blessed to see the hand of the Lord. I want to share something that happened all within 3 hours, and how much we saw the hand of the Lord in our work and lives.

First off we finished painting a members house and we went out to work knowing that we would only have 3 hours to work. Well we went to our first appointment and it fell through. As I was about to go to our next appointment, I felt the strangest prompting to just go and sit down on the curb. Well I did. My comp asked me what I was doing, and I told him I just felt prompted to sit down. Well then the churro van came. So I got a churro. I was thinking to myself, "was that a prompting to get a churro or was I just thinking that?" Haha well as we were going to our next appointment I on accident crossed the road to soon and we had to cross back. We got to the appointment, and no one was answering...well as we were about to walk away he came around the corner. So blessed to have the Lord stop us and delay us to talk with him. It turned out that he read the entire Book of Mormon and we taught him part of the restoration! It was so powerful. We then were walking and we felt prompted to go visit a less active. As we were doing this a member called and gave us a reference that was near by. So we went and contacted them! Well as we were walking to our final appointment we felt prompted to take a new street...well as we did we realized that the street above the one we usually use had a ton of police and things going on. We got to the appointment and it fell through too. So I got hungry again. As we were leaving I was trying to find a store still open. I felt prompted to go ask this guy where a store nearby was, but before I said anything he said, "do you have a Book of Mormon for me? I'm looking for one and I want to learn more about your religion." it was so amazing! The Lord was literally directing us throughout the night with promptings of hunger! :) But it truly was so amazing to see the Lord literally directing us through the streets of Campinas. 

We began to talk and to recognize all the Lord had done for us. As we were talking we came to the result that it happened on account to our obedience! We then were blessed to read 1 Nephi17:15,41.  15 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did strive to keep the commandments of the Lord, and I did exhort my brethren to faithfulness and diligence. 41 And he did straiten them in the wilderness with his rod; for they hardened their hearts, even as ye have; and the Lord straitened them because of their iniquity. He sent fiery flying serpents among them; and after they were bitten he prepared a way that they might be healed; and the labor which they had to perform was to look; and because of the simpleness of the way, or the easiness of it, there were many who perished.

It was amazing to read how Nephi had chosen to keep the commandments...even the simple ones. He then relates the account of Moses and his people. Because of the simpleness they perished. They pleaded for help to be healed from the serpents, and the answer came with simplicity...Look...but it was too simple. I really feel this is where the Lord comes in and says that if we have the faith of a mustard seed we may move mountains. Its easier to look at something we see then something that is hard to believe...but they aren't really that different. The simplicity of our faith and diligence to the commandments of the Lord, both small and large are equally important for our salvation! 

I'm so grateful to see the Lord's hand in my life so prevalent day after day! I love this gospel and the blessings from it! 

Love you all

Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment