Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Many souls!

This last week was seriously one of the best here in Brazil. So amazing and full of the spirit! First off I want to share a cool experience I had. As we have been taught we don’t have a difference between the saving of those who are members but have wandered, and also those who aren’t members. Well there is a less active here that we have been working with him for a while...well he said to me after the death of his step father, "When this is all over can we start family home evenings, and more studies again? I need to come back." Well he came to the activities and is coming back to church! There was something I missed though. Something that I never noticed till now. The joy I felt of having him come back to activity was the same joy I have felt with those that have been baptized. I was then reminded of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 18: 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

The thing that amazed me about this scripture is that it simply states souls, not baptisms. Bringing those who are lost and those who aren't members of this church is the same. And the joy is absolutely amazing and indescribable! I love working with those who have lost their way but are striving to come back!

So we have a family we are teaching and the dad is a member but the wife and kids aren't. Well after many years of missionaries trying to baptize her, we went back a few times to gain her trust and help them. Well we were so blessed by the power of the spirit to help us. We invited here to be baptized and to learn more about the gospel. As we taught her what we do at church and our purpose she said, “Missionaries have never explained to me what you do there. Now I know. I want to be baptized." She committed to August 9th. It was amazing as we followed the spirit to think about her needs rather than baptism and it changed the circumstances!

I love this gospel, I’m so grateful for the spirit of reactivation and bringing others back to the fold! This feeling is so amazing and indescribable! I love this gospel, and I know that He lives!

Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment