Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Finally We Have Rain!

So it has finally rained here. It hasn't in a long time! 

But anyway, this last week was so great! We were blessed to have so many miracles happen each and every day! 

I had a great opportunity to talk to a woman that came to one of our ward events. She came with one of the members here but she is from a different area. After the event, I began to ask her how she met the missionaries, and if she had any questions. She then said, "I'm not sure if the Book of Mormon can be scripture, that it could be the word of God. I have fear that it will be true or that if I may think its true and follow something false." It was a special experience to testify to her that it was true. That it doesn't lead down another path but it puts us on the Lord's path. I remember since I was a little kid always reading the Book of Mormon with my parents and then each year afterwards but I really never had a testimony of the Book or Mormon. I remember my sophmore year of High School I wasn't exactly sure if it was as true as everyone said. But I remember asking my family how they knew the Book of Mormon was true. Each said they read it and prayed about it. It was then that I really tried to read it with real intent, and the answer came in 2 Nephi 25: 29 "And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out." I remember reading that scripture and just feeling and knowing that Christ really lives and that the Book of Mormon is a tool to bring us unto him. That scripture gave me my sure testimony of Christ and the Gospel. being able to testify to her was amazing, but most of all it was amazing to feel through the spirit that she was listening. 

I came across a scripture that explained so much to me and let me know we are never alone, Doctrine and Covenants 49:27 Behold, I will go before you and be your rearward; and I will be in your midst, and you shall not be confounded.
I know that He lives and is with us. He is our rearward! 

Love you all so much,

Gary

 Clemilson (middle) is the coolest guy




 Some gifts from a dear friend


This is what you wear to cover your mouths when you sandpaper walls


No comments:

Post a Comment