Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa!




This last week was so amazing! I will start off with some crazy things and work my way down.

We were waiting at the bus station and I felt my bag get yanked, and I looked back and no one was there...well we were sitting on the bus and I had a feeling it would rain so I looked down...and my umbrella was gone...someone stole it...and it rained...a lot...and I was soaked! ha-ha 

No umbrella + lots of rain = wet missionaries!
I saw this guy selling hammocks so I asked him how much...he said..70 reais but I thought he said 60 so I repeated 60...he said yes...so I told him I would try another day...but then he said...for you amigo...45...alright! So I got a cool huge hammock that I get to pack around for a while

There is an 18 year old kid that helps us a lot with lessons here. and I was asking him if he was going to serve and he said yes, but he can’t because he skateboards too much and he is destroying his knees...well just before that he asked for my ring...I told him I would switch the ring for his skateboard if he promised to not pick up another board till after the mission...he did...I have pictures of it for you all.
Elder Loveless with Bruno and his skateboard

So we were teaching Gabriel (14) and he prayed and will be baptized on the 23...the next day I asked him, "what’s your favorite part about the gospel so far?" without hesitation he said..." Jesus Christ. I like learning about Jesus Christ." How amazing is that! He knows why we are here. I’m so grateful he is coming to know him. That’s why I’m here...and I love it! Knowing that someone else knows our Savior more than before...makes every drip of sweat...aching feet and whatever else all worth it..
 
Elder Loveless, Elder Raudney and Gabriel
Last story...Michael our other investigator. We were teaching him the restoration yesterday, and as we finished we invited him to be baptized on the 23, and without hesitation, “of course I will."  It was such a touching experience. Anyone that is serving a mission or has served knows that when someone says yes to baptism you feel the spirit of the Lord. You feel his love for His child. I love bringing others to Christ! I love it out here! I know that this is the true gospel...many people have turned us away...and it breaks my heart...but I know that they have felt something and that seed will grow! I am really sad that my time is so short out here, but I will never stop what I’ve come out here to do when I’m done!


Thank you all so much! Love you all...

Gary

D&C 18
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
17 Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my salvation.

This week marks 1 year for Elder Loveless!
Here's a Mormon Message you should all watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment