Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

English Class Brings Blessings

So my new comp is....Elder Mateus...he is from Rio Grande do Sul. He is great! He has 5 months in the field, and we are loving our time here in Itupeva!!!! 

So this last week was so crazy! I woke up Tuesday ready for transfers and getting my new comp...and it was crazy everyone that I talked to in Portuguese, I thought they were talking back in English. Its crazy. I can recognize Portuguese better now than I can English. 

So our English class is so cool, we usually have 15-20 people attending...the miracle happened yesterday! We were in gospel principles with our investigators, and the bishop's wife walked in saying a guy was here to see me about the English class. So I walked out with my comp and met him. He heard about our English class and felt like he should come to the church today to find us....well Sunday is just perfect! I told him all about our class and what we do. As he was leaving I asked him if he had any other appointments at the time and he said no. So we invited him to stay, and we gave him a church tour. When we got to sacrament meeting my comp was giving a talk and I stayed with Fernando (the new guy) and he asked me...what is the difference between your church and others...(he lived in the states for awhile) so i told him that my comp would explain in his talk. He talked all about the restoration of the priesthood, and Fernando said that it made sense and he wanted to keep coming to our church. We stayed and taught him more. 

It is so amazing the work of the Lord. Its by doing the little things each day we find Him and He brings blessings to us. D&C 58:2, "For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven." We just have to be patient and obedient.

Love you all! So excited for conference! 

Love,

Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment