Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

SNOW!

Dec 9, 12

Sooo it is cold here...haha but I’m fine mom :) thinking that I will be in humidity in 3 weeks comforts me...sorta :) haha

Well it snowed a lot here...and some Hoosiers can’t drive in the snow...haha. They cancelled school with 4 inches...c'mon it took 3 feet for us to have one snowday! haha I miss snowboarding so much! But we spent the 2 days when it snowed to go out and shovel people in the ward...well I didn't have boots so I put on two layers of socks, put Kroger grocery sacks around my feet and put on my running shoes! I was toasty warm and dry! Promise mom I won’t lie to you! ;)

Well anyway we had a pretty hard time with teaching people! Bloomington is starting to die down with the semester ending and everyone travels, but we are making the best of it and striving to find new techniques to find. I love being able to try new ways of missionary work! It is so fun and new! This work is so amazing! I know it is His work! My testimony grew because of a certain paragraph I read in Joseph Smiths testimony,

“I soon found out the reason why I had received such strict charges to keep them safe, and why it was that the messenger had said that when I had done what was required at my hand, he would call for them. For no sooner was it known that I had them, than the most strenuous exertions were used to get them from me. Every stratagem that could be invented was resorted to for that purpose. The persecution became more bitter and severe than before, and multitudes were on the alert continually to get them from me if possible. But by the wisdom of God, they remained safe in my hands, until I had accomplished by them what was required at my hand. When, according to arrangements, the messenger called for them, I delivered them up to him; and he has them in his charge until this day, being the second day of May, one thousand eight hundred and thirty-eight.”

Sorry it is so long, but it is so amazing how true this work is. Even if Satan uses every stratagem to stop this work from progressing, IT WON’T. We may get discouraged, we may suffer, we may get offended, but we choose for ourselves if we will allow the atonement to take place in our lives. He Lives for us, and we should live for Him, suffer for Him, and do all we can for Him because He did all for us!

I love you all so much,
  
Elder Loveless






No comments:

Post a Comment