Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Wonderful Week!

Where to start...so many things have happened this last week, I’m sorry if this email is too long, but here goes.

First off we were meeting with our new investigators, and with helping Elder Clifton to be ready at the end of the 3 months I have been letting him lead out in all we do, well we got asked a very fun question from our new investigators..." so you are saying that if I am not baptized into the Mormon church, then I can’t have celestial life?" When we were asked that I felt the spirit whisper to me do as the savior would do. And that is to testify of truth with love. The spirit overcame me, and I don't know what I would do without my most trustworthy companion, as I said, “You are correct. It is only through the saviors restored gospel that you can receive the blessings of eternal life. That is why we are here. That is why the savior has again appeared unto his children is for them to receive this blessing of eternal life. All will have this opportunity to accept his gospel." The spirit was so strong and so amazing the room was full. We both then testified of the atonement and the restored gospel. They committed to pray about what we taught! I know that as we are bold as the savior is, but bold with love and the spirit, we will never have to fear. 2 Timothy 1: 7-8.

Elder Loveless with Jalen

Another blessing this last week was the opportunity I had to baptize Jalen. Jalen is a part of the YSA branch and was being taught by the sisters. We became very close when we would go to church and at the institute. I was given the honor to baptize him. I will forever be grateful for the sacred trust my father has in me as his imperfect servant to be trusted with His priesthood. The blessing of walking into the waters of eternal life and salvation with one of our Father’s children and being able to say "having been commissioned of Jesus Christ." has changed me. I love my Father, I love my Savior. I have been able to come to know my father and savior more and more being on a mission. I have also come to know more of who I was before this life, who I am in my Father and saviors eyes, and who they want me to become. I have been able to find myself, but more importantly I find my savior day by day! I will forever be grateful for this reassignment to Indiana, I have met eternal friends, and I have come to love my savior more and more. How blessed are we!

Jalen with the Missionaries
"To comprehend the works of Christ, one must know Him as the Son of God: to the man who has not yet learned to know, to the honest soul who would inquire after the lord, the invitation is ready; let him "come and see.'" James E. Talmage

Well we had a fun Halloween, I was able to play dress up with my ward mission leader’s kids! I will send some pictures!
The missionaries with the Crockers on Halloween


I love you all so very much! I hope and pray that all is well with everyone! Thank you for your prayers and love you have mine as well!

Elder Loveless
The countryside in Bloomington
Elder Sperry's Birthday Cake
A meal made by Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment