Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

:) Great Week

Elder Loveless and Elder Clifton getting some new ties.
This week was so amazing :) but also hard!

We have been getting anti-ed quite a bit, and things yelled at us and yea .... it’s been weird, more than usual. But I am reminded of a scripture in Acts 5: 41-42, " And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name...and daily in the temple, in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ."  I am so grateful to be considered even remotely worthy to suffer for His name! I love being able to live for my savior. I know He lives. So many experiences this last week have testified of that truth.
Elder Loveless and his new tie
Elder Clifton & Elder Loveless with their new ties.
I have been praying to feel of the Atonement more in my life and how to see it more. As I was receiving a blessing I was had a special promise, and it meant a lot...When I received the promise, I felt the spirit whisper to me...this is the atonement. I couldn't help but cry feeling the atonement. I can’t describe what it means and feels to me. I may never be able to describe this priceless gift to all, but I know it’s true. I feel it, I see it, and I feel it now. My savior lives and loves us all, because of his great love I will see my lost brothers, my uncles and grandparents, and live with all the people that I love and hold dear. It is because of his love that I can live each day! And know where to go! I will forever thank my father and pour out my heart to him for allowing his beloved son to suffer for me and all. How is this gospel not true? It is!

Elder Loveless with his Pooh Bear collection
I had a cool experience this last week, as we were in a members home going to teach them the restoration, beforehand I was asked by my companion, "don't they already know it?" I told him, "I don't know it enough, and we all need its spirit." as we were testifying of Joseph Smith, the father began to cry along with myself and my companion. He told us he loves hearing that message because it makes him want to share the gospel more and he feels his father’s love! How special is our message! I love being a missionary! So grateful I can be one my entire life!

Love you all so very much.

Love,
Elder Loveless!
More Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment