Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Oi!!!

Well this week has been great! they continue to go by faster and faster...I don’t like it one bit, I want this time to carry on without it sneaking up on me...and next thing I know I’m coming home! I wish it wasn’t like that! But it is...Well we had a new investigator named Jack, he is so amazing! He committed to be baptized on the 27th  of this month...then we find out that he lives right on the corner outside of our boundaries, so we have turned him over to the sister missionaries! Which I am very excited for him to be taught by them! Sister missionaries are amazing. They bring a sense of spirit and maturity that the Elders can’t bring. We are excited for him though! I admire all of my friends serving especially the sisters for bringing that special spirit to the work.

 This last week we had an amazing lesson with Jack and Zach our recent convert was there with us. He is such an amazing member. He is an amazing description of Alma 5: 14. When in the lesson and testifying about having our Heavenly Father as our literal father, Zach said the following "it is nice to know that he lives, because some days you will come home and think and know that your earthy father doesnt love you, but at those points, we know that our Heavenly Father loves us, and that he lives." Such a simple pure testimony and the spirit filled the room! Everyone felt it and could testify of what Zach said was true! Zach gets the Aaronic priesthood this Sunday! We are so excited for him! He is progressing so well and his testimony is amazing!

 Well I had such an amazing experience this week with a personal study...I was reading in chapter 5 of preach my gospel, under a scripture study section it says, "What does the Savior say about the book of Mormon?" I read in D&C 17:6. “and he has translated the book, even that part which I have commanded him, and as your Lord and your God liveth it is true." As I read that, my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the divinity of the Godhead increased. I had just had an amazing experience knowing that they live, and I read that, and it filled my whole soul from head to toe. I know that they live, I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! It is true, and as long as they live and we know they live, we cannot deny the divinity of that sacred book! It changes people’s lives, I have seen it. It changes mine. This church is true, and we all are a part of it. How blessed are we!

Love you all!
Elder Loveless

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment