Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Best Week!!!!

This last week was so amazing! We worked so hard! And we found 4 new investigators, with 1 progressing! It is so fun! One of which is an African named Chum, he is just north of Ghana Reese! He is so amazing. He doesn’t know a lot of English, so we asked a member of our ward, Brother Jeremy Bramwell (went to medical school with Angel and Trevor) who served in France just before Brian. He is so amazing! I know he is very inspired, he told us he felt that he should start reading in his French Book of Mormon again, a month or so before we asked him! It is so amazing when people listen to the spirit and the Lord prepares our hearts and those we come in contact with. So we went with Brother Bramwell last night to Chums, (Reese I wore my African tie, Chum liked it :)) and we started out with a prayer and the plan of salvation.  ln his prayer he talked about how we are all children of God, and he was already pretty much teaching the lesson to us! Haha but it was so amazing to feel the spirit that was there, it was fun because I could understand some of it knowing Portuguese, but we then asked him about baptism and what he thinks, "if Christ being perfect was baptized how much greater is our need to be baptized." Brother Bramwell turns to us with a huge smile on his face and said, "He pretty much just quoted 2 Nephi 31!" Haha it was so awesome, and we turned there and read with him! He is solid! I love the humility and love and the happiness that he shows! I now know what brought you Reese so much joy and happiness serving in Africa with those amazing people! Their spirit is so amazing, we can learn a lot from those that are used to not having what we have. They have a pure joy! It really opened my eyes! I love Chum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah it was so fun!  I love this work!

Football with the youth at the Ward Party

Well we had an amazing ward party with food and dessert contest (we elders were the judges :)) and corn hole, and football (Elder Bair and I played with the youth! it was awesome! Elder Bair is the other Elder in Greenwood) but it was such a goodnight with a huge firework display! It was fun.

Football with Elder Bair
Sorry my email is so long, but I want to share a touching experience that I had, it came from a letter I received from a dear friend. In this letter she told me of how she was working hard to get 40 hours a week at her job so she could get full hours and pay. She said one day a man pulled up and ordered his food, she then stated, “he then said," "can you also add 2 orange juices on there? They forgot to charge me for them last time." she laughed and thought it was cute, and thought to herself, what an honest man. She then said as she opened the window who it was..."it was your dad." ah it brought me to tears. To some may seem menial in receiving free orange juice, but to my dad it wasn’t rightfully his. I owe everything to this hero, this man of integrity. I owe everything to my heavenly father, and my earthly father! I can’t thank you enough dad for leading by example and having a love for our Father and Savior. Love you so much!


My favorite Mormon message is Heavenly Father, Earthly Father. I encourage everyone to watch it, and think of their fathers! I know both of mine are always watching over me! Love you dad!
Well I have said enough, I love you all! I love each of you my wonderful family and friends serving missions! Love you all,

Elder Loveless




No comments:

Post a Comment