Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Milagre Milagres


This last week was so amazing! Yeeea! Loved it!
To start off with a cool experience. So it was my second or third day here and we were in another area within our area...neighborhood I guess....sorry I’m forgetting English please forgive my grammar...not that it’s ever been great...but any way we were walking to an appointment and I saw this lady sitting down with her child. I felt so strongly the spirit prompt me to talk with here about the plan of happiness. Well we had to hurry to contact an investigator before she left to work, and we go there and she wasn’t there. I knew why. So we hurried back and I went and talked with her while my comp was calling an investigator. I told her of the Plan of Salvation and how it is meant to help our families feel love and peace when we can’t find it. She then told me how she was split up and on her own with her son. Well this last week we went to contact her and she was there and we taught her about the restoration and the Book of Mormon how through it we can find peace! She loved and accepted a baptismal date! It is so amazing! Truly love the miracles we experience every day!

Another one is an investigator Gabriel, he is 14 and amazing! We have been teaching him and his faith is so amazing! He is working towards baptism these next few weeks and every time we pray he focuses on blessing us, his family and friends! I see him and then I think of a 14 year old that prayed in faith and because of that prayer we have the ability to receive eternal life! So amazing! I love Joseph Smith and what he did for us! Every time we share the first vision God manifests his love to all of us, and it breaks my heart when I know that others feel that love and turn it away. Those moments are the saddest moments of the mission.
Elder Costa and Elder David Evans came to our mission! It was so amazing! Elder Evans quoted something that Elder Nelson told them a week before, “Our stand on the family is going to be the great difference between us and the world. Many people of this church may leave because of our stand on the family but, thousands upon millions will hurry to the church to seek safety within the family." it was so amazing! It gave me so much hope to know that I don’t need to fear with my future family if we have the gospel!

Sorry this is so long, but I love being on a mission! It is so sad to know that time is counting down...I hate it...but I love where I'm at and I'm happy all the time. it’s hard to explain but somehow we are still happy when we have a million mosquito bites, appointments falling through, me tripping and then smacking into a sign in front of people, forgetting keys on a bus in Campinas...you name it we’ve had struggles but we have been happy! I’ve thought about it, and if we truly love and strive to serve the Lord, even when we aren’t perfect at it, he gives us the needful things to go forward with a joyful heart in all things! This gospel is so true! I love it, and I need it!
Some of my favorites this last week!

Isaiah 12: 2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
2 Nephi 2:22 And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end.

Psalm 36:7 How precious is your loving kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of your wings.

Love you all so much,
Elder Loveless
 Elder Raudney and Elder Loveless
Street named after Spencer W. Kimball

Reese isn't the only one to find a Chica Store
(Chica is the nickname of Margaret that her siblings call her. Both Reese and Gary found a store with Chica on it on their missions. Gary in Brazil (top) and Reese in Africa (bottom).)



No comments:

Post a Comment