Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Leaving Aligator


So we got transfer calls last night, and I will be leaving Jacaré, and receiving my new comp tomorrow! Super excited, but also very sad to leave here.

This was my scripture for the last week, Psalms 55:22 “Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” I really came to realize how ungrateful I really was, and with my parents, we only gave prayers of thanks this past week! I felt so much more sustained, and grew so much with the help of my dear Brother, and Father. I know that if we are to recognize the blessings they do for us day in and day out, they will reward us with more blessings for continually looking unto them!

So I had an amazing experience yesterday. Elder Mendes and I had two investigators after church that wanted to talk with us, so Elder Mendes taught the one and I was teaching our other investigator. I asked him if he was still willing to be baptized in two weeks. He told me that the only way he would was if the church could prove to him that God lives. Well it was amazing because during the sacrament I felt prompted to read certain scriptures, and it turns out that those scriptures in the Book of Mormon that I had marked were the ones that he needed! As I explained to him that I can’t, that no one can but God himself. As I gave him the book of Mormon, at first he wouldn’t accept it. And I knew that if he read at least one verse in it he would. So I asked him if he could just read one verse. As we read Moroni 10:5 "And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." he said wow! That is amazing but how, I want proof. I then told him how I too wanted proof, and I found it as a young teenager while Reading 2 Nephi 25:29 "And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out."  and to this day is one of my favorites! He accepted the Book of Mormon and an invitation to pray! The Book of Mormon is so amazing and has power beyond imagination! With him reading a simple verse the spirit worked through that Holy Scripture and touched his heart! Only a perfect book can do that! It’s true, and I know it!

Well, I love you all so much, thank you for your prayers and support!

Elder Loveless


Some of my favorite members, Luciana, Edvian, Emanuel, and Marcos!

Elder Mendez and Elder Loveless



No comments:

Post a Comment