Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's...HOT! :)

This last week was great! The language is starting to come a lot more but it’s still hard. I am grateful for my struggles though because without them we wouldn't grow! I love teaching the plan of salvation and especially about how the fall was necessary for our happiness! We are all meant to have our own falls in this life so that we can partake of the true happiness of the gospel! I love this quote,
"Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come." - Jeffery R. Holland 
So we had the craziest thing happen this last week! We were walking up this huge hill last week! (it’s like 3/4 mile long and steep) and this lady was stalled on the side of the road and was crying! She was about to get hit and she wasn't moving the car. We found out from her that her car was broken and the clutch wouldn't work. We looked in the back seat and saw that she had a little girl in the back. Elder Mendes and I looked at each other and knew we had to move the car! We had her get in the back and I with Elder Mendes drove her car down the hill so she wouldn't get hit. We then were praying and we asked that Heavenly Father would send someone to help, and that the clutch would be fixed enough for her to get home. Well as soon as we know it, bishop drove around the corner and he was able to get the clutch to work just for the moment! I’m so grateful for the power of prayer! It is so real and powerful! Our Father ALWAYS answers our prayers! 

So I haven’t said any more weird things this last week during appointments...I was trying to say a word and I messed it up and it sounded like a really offensive word! Good thing no one heard but my comps! Haha I’m so glad that I have opportunities to laugh at myself! 
Well love you all! Missing the snow right now!!!!!

 Renato (Mission Leader), Elder Loveless, Elder Mendes
 Elder Loveless and Elder Mendes

No comments:

Post a Comment