Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY


Well where to start. I’m exhausted...constantly, but I love every bit of being a missionary! It’s been raining a lot, with 3 hours of tracting in it yesterday. We found two potentials, but so far no new investigators. I pray and hope that people will be able to feel of the spirit and have their hearts softened towards us. But all is well.

So Jason Clouse’s baptism was amazing. There was such an amazing spirit and he was glowing! But, just the night before we were meeting with his wife to help her set a goal towards baptism and with quitting smoking. She is so amazing. She loves her family more than anything, and wants to be baptized. So in the process of meeting with her, we showed her a picture of the Savior lifting up the little girl of whom her parents inquired of the Savior, and then read with her the footsteps in the sand poem. When she was done with that, the spirit was so thick and strong, everyone could feel it and everyone was tearing up. When she looked at us, we then asked her if she would allow herself to be lifted up by the Savior, allow him to carry her every step of the way and to follow his example by being baptized. She said yes. Never has one simple word brought me so much joy. A message about the Savior, and His atonement can and will change everyone’s life. The spirit that comes from reading His words, testifying of Him is something that will never be deniable. I can’t wait, she will be baptized on the 25 of this month. I pray that I may work harder at becoming closer to my Savior.

So yesterday was regional conference...so...Rosemary M. Wixom, Robert C. Gay, Robert D. Hales and Dieter F. Uchtdorf came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing. Every single talk was based towards the family. On how families should be centered on the Savior, centered on having no contention. Especially they said that the examples of how a husband and wife treat each other and their families will be a result of how their children will treat their families. It was so amazing. The family is being attacked, but as we make the Savior our anchor in our lives, I know that even when the gates of hell are opened towards us, we will not fail!

Well I don’t know what to do if my visa comes...I won’t want to leave here, but then I want to go to Brazil. I guess it just goes to show that where you serve doesn't matter, but when you serve, and how you serve the Lord will always be there, and you will come to love everyone you teach no matter what. I love missionary work, it is crazy to think it has almost been 2 months since I've been gone, it feels like a week. But I wouldn't rather do anything else. The Savior is in everything. He is constantly around to bare us up, to help us with our load. With Him all things are possible. I know that He lives. Every day it is manifested to me through the spirit more and more.

Love you all! Thank you for everything.
Gary. Oops … Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment