Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Uma semana difícil!



Elder Francisco and Elder Loveless
Wow...this week was so hard. Really hard actually! Diego went up to Campinas to look for a job on Tuesday and hasn't returned since. He has gone missing and his family and friends don’t know where he is at! Super sad.

On top of that we went to teach that family that I had talked about a few weeks ago, and the dad came to the door saying that he would no longer allow his wife and kids to hear the messages. Man my heart is broken. Everyone that I've come so close to and love have fallen away or they aren't permitted to hear the gospel? I see that family and the wife especially that already received answers that this is the true church. My heart was pretty shaken up and shattered this last week. I was feeling really down about all this and came across a scripture in 2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

The thing that stood out to me and comforted me took me off guard! "Be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;" I love that line. Knowing that just because we are members of the gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't mean everything will just be all dandy, but that we are meant to have these afflictions. I don’t know why we aren't able to teach this family more and why the dad doesn't want to allow it, but am willing to partake of the afflictions of the Gospel. I love knowing that even when we have these afflictions the power of God sustains us, empowers us and lifts us up in our afflictions. I love knowing that I have a father in heaven! 

I was blessed to find out that a women, and a family I taught in Cosmopolis are going to be baptized this month! It’s such a blessing to know that the Lord cares for the fruits of our labors and he doesn't plan for us to see all the fruits sprout and grown when we are wanting them to! 

D&C 98:14 Therefore, be not afraid of your enemies, for I have decreed in my heart, saith the Lord, that I will prove you in all things, whether you will abide in my covenant, even unto death, that you may be found worthy.

I know that the Lord loves us and provides for us in our afflictions and our sorrows! We just have to show that we are willing to keep His covenants and be worthy of Him! 

Love you all,

Elder Loveless 
Elder Loveless and Elder Goodfellow threw a Halloween party!

Elder Loveless and Elder Goodfellow 
Bobbing for apples




No comments:

Post a Comment