Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week One!

Hey Everyone!!
 
           Well first week was amazing! There is such an amazing spirit here that is constantly felt as long as you are obedient, and dedicating yourself to the Lord, there is no reason for it to not be felt. Some days have been tough and somewhat long but I guess that is what makes us stronger right?!?! :) But anyway, I am in a trio with Elder Aceveda, and Eller, both are absolutely amazing, and very out going. Elder Aceveda is really good with Spanish, so Portuguese coming a lot easier for him then Elder Eller and I, but it is coming. The second day we learned how to pray in Portuguese, and on Friday we learned how to bear testimony in Portuguese. Also on Friday we gave our first lessons in Portuguese to a guy named Joao (accent over the a...ask big R) but any way, it went all right. Saturday was better though. Sunday came around and it was by far the best day yet. The spirit was so strong throughout the entire day. Saturday I was trying to take in as much of the language as possible, and I overwhelmed myself. But then Sunday came around, and Sister Stevenson for the devotional bore the most amazing testimony. In it she said, "Do all that you can, and turn the rest over to the Lord." That was a turning point for our companionship. When Monday morning came, we taught Joao, and the spirit was so strong while teaching the restoration, and asking him to read the book of Mormon. We were able to understand the just of what he was saying and was somewhat able to respond back more than we thought. The times I have felt more and more like a missionary is when we are in the discussions. The spirit truly is in everything when we are about the Lord's work. The spirit truly is amazing, and I will forever be grateful for it. I know that without the spirit I would not be able to progress in the language like I am. And Reese you were right, I have learned more Portuguese in the first week than two years of Spanish in high school! haha.
 
But Mom I am sorry to hear about Rex. Tell the Jensen's that I put there name on the prayer role and I'm praying for them. I cant thank you enough for all that you have done for me. I truly love you and our family more than ever and feel closer to you all each and every day.
 
I cant thank you all enough for the packages, and letters. I LOVE THEM....You all can send more if you would like.... haha but really thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf, I truly have felt of them. This work is absolutely amazing. The Lord truly is hastening his work. How blessed are we to be able to be apart of this glorious gospel in this day and age. Even though the times are getting worse and frankly scary, we have a light up ahead that we are able to help others see. I love this gospel, I love being able to be a missionary. I love it more than anything. I will not lie, I have never worked this hard in my life, especially with the language, but I have felt of the sustaining power of the spirit, and it has helped me to continue forward in the work.
 
But I haven't said yet, President Hodges is my branch president, and Brother Brough, and Bartholomew,  are in the presidency. They truly are amazing. We spend about 8-10 hours a day in one room, and to be perfectly honest... its like putting 12 desks into a room my size, its really cramped in there, but thank goodness the weather is nice and we are able to go outside. I love my district, we are all able to get along well, and we are all able to strengthen each other every day. I'm sorry if I haven't answered everyone's questions, but I'm doing my best! 
 
I hope all is well back home. I'm praying for all of you, and I love you.
 
But I better go, we are allowed thirty minutes and my time is almost up.
 
Thank you again for everything. Love you all,
 
Elder Loveless

1 comment: