Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oi!!!!!!!!

Elder Loveless with his companions. Left: Elder Eller, Right: Elder Acevedo

Well hello everyone! I hope you were able to see the pictures, its kind of a pain to try and send them through email. But we ended up waking up at 540 to get laundry done. Some elders were up at 3. Doing laundry with 4000 other missionaries in one room....yeah its like an ant hill and you are trying to climb over everyone to get to the queen...in this case a washer. But it was really quick and easy to go early in the morning. And can I just add, I don't like how this doesn't automatically capitalize your words or help me with spelling. Well I was able to see Nate as he was walking into the MTC. It was awesome to see one of my best friends in the same fight against the adversary. This work is truly amazing, and I will never be able to comprehend how lucky I am to be a servant of the Lord. So family and friends, thank you so much for the fast. I participated in it with you, and I felt of the love of the Savior, and the love of those that were fasting on my behalf. Never before have I been able to feel of such love from people I have not seen. So I thank you with all my heart. The language is coming. I know that it will come not when I want it but in the time that the Lord has in store for me. Since being here for almost two weeks, I have come to rely on the Lord and our Father in Heaven in all things. I only wish I would have done that more while growing up, but hey that is why we are here on this earth is to grow closer to our Father in Heaven, our Savior, and the Holy Ghost. Its a process that we all must go through and must never stop. The Atonement is everything. It is in everything, we just have to be willing to look for it, and use it. I only wish that I would be able to ever repay my savior for what he has done for me. It brings me much sadness for things that I have done in the past carelessly when he has done everything for me, but it brings me a happiness and joy that I will never have words to describe; to know that someone loves me and it is an unconditional love. I love my Savior with all my heart.
 
Elder Loveless and his friend Elder Nathan Priest
So Sunday was amazing like usual. We listened to a talk by Elder Bednar, Characters of Christ. That was one of the most amazing talks I have ever heard. In it he tells of an experience of meeting with recent converts in foreign countries, and asking them about their experience with the missionaries. They said it was weird to be taught about gold plates, the godhead appearing to Joseph Smith and about the temples. He said these answers were universal. He then asked them why then did you join? We joined because of what we felt. The missionaries had a broken language, and could barely say what they wanted to, but we knew that they cared and wanted us to receive the message of Jesus Christ. This hit me so strong. Knowing that I will not be able to speak perfect Portuguese when I first get out there, but it is not my language that will convert them, it is not me. It is the spirit. The spirit is in everything when we are about the Lord's work. after hearing this talk, I came to the the conclusion that when teaching, trying to learn the language, and growing closer to my savior, it is not about what I WANT, It is about WHAT CAN I DO. When we are willing to forget ourselves and realize that our wants is not what matters, but it is the desire to do, we will be blessed beyond measure and we will come to appreciate our Savior and his atonement even more.

Elder Loveless and his District
So I am so sorry for not mentioning our teachers names, we have Irma Petitta, and Irmo Duerden. both are absolutely amazing and bring a spirit that is absolutely amazing. They are our "investigators" and our teachers. But I love them with all my heart. The patience level that they have for 9 elders and 3 sisters is amazing. Some of us the language is easy, and some it is hard. but they love each of us and are willing to help in everything. So in our district meeting last Tuesday, one of the elders said, "I know that each of you would die for the Savior." and President Hodges wife said, "It is more important to live for our savior then to die for him." that hit me so strong. Our Savior died so that we could live. Why shouldn't we give our all to Him, and bringing others to Him. Living for the Savior and being willing to accept His atonement is some of the single most important things we can do.

 
Well I have said enough, but I know that what I am doing is right. I know with all my hearth that our Father in Heaven lives, and that our Savior did suffer and die for us. With out the Atonement I would be nothing. I love this work. It is hastening, and it is our privilege to be apart of it. I love the gospel with all my heart.
 
Love you all,
 
Love Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment